Sunday 6 January 2019

Why be downcast

My soul, my soul, why be downcast?


My soul, my soul, why be downcast?
The pain l feel  it  will  not last.
God knows the anguish of my heart,
He will one day His peace impart.

My mind  is troubled now,  but wait,
The time will come. It won’t be late,
When all is well and I am free,
And God will grant me liberty.

This momentary affliction gone,
The throne of grace I’ll gaze upon.
The clothes of righteousness I’ll wear
No suffering will affect me there.

By faith I know you live in me,
And that you hear my every plea.
My ears though dull to hear your voice,
Will in your presence  yet  rejoice.

And so in heaven I’ll find my  place,
And see the smile across His face,
“Welcome home, my child, my friend,”

Life in abundance, without end.

No comments:

Post a Comment