Friday 4 January 2019

Help me Lord I’m Drowning

Help me Lord I’m Drowning

Help me Lord I’m drowning,
In a sea  that’s  vast and wide,
Where the waves can be  relentless
And as certain as the tide!

I cannot show the pain within
No clues upon my face,
To show the woes and burdens
Of  my heart, a lonely place!

No time of day, no time of night
My racing thoughts do cease.
I can’t control my troubled  mind
I have no inner peace.

I laugh, I cry, I smile, I  sigh
Does anybody care?
I plead  with you upon my knees
O Lord please hear my prayer.

 I ask for love and   understanding
To you Lord I’m appealing
The God of the whole universe
I’m begging you for healing.

‘My child I Know you’re suffering
Your hurting hurts me too.
You cannot understand now
What I am doing in  you!’

But Lord this awful testing
It’s much too hard to bear
I look into the abyss
And blankly stand and stare.

‘Be still son please don’t  struggle
Just listen to my voice.
Your name is in my book of life
Fear not. Look up. Rejoice.’

No comments:

Post a Comment