Sunday 26 August 2018

Where is God when I’m hurting?

Where is God when I’m  hurting?     By Brian Dodd



Where is God when I am  hurting?
When I’m lonely or depressed?
When I cannot find an answer
And my body finds no rest?

Where is He who stilled the waters
When the waves were getting higher?
Who rescued Daniel and his friends
When thrown into the fire?

Where is He when with a loved one
I sit helpless whilst they’re dying?
And  hiding my emotions
While inside my heart is crying?

Lord, you made the universe
I know you have the power.
Then please relieve my sorrow
And all my pain this hour !

--------------------

"My child I haven’t left you
To face this test alone,
I’m not a God who stays aloof
Just  sitting on my throne.

Though the waters , they are deepening
They will never overflow
Since I am always with you
I love you, don’t you know?

I have still  much to teach you
And finish the whole story.
Of my way for you not your way
Which will bring you home to glory.

Here I am right here beside you,
So please , please take my hand.
One day I’ll  lead you gently
Into the promised  land."



No comments:

Post a Comment